A Virtual Zoom Event to Celebrate Bipartisanship in Congress
Wednesday April 14, 2021 7PM EST/4PM PST
For Registration and more details, click here
WHAT IS FSPAC?
Fraternity and Sorority leaders have been working together for many years to build a positive presence in Washington, DC to help defend and enhance the fraternal experience. As part of those efforts, the Fraternity and Sorority Political Action Committee (FSPAC) was formed in 2005. FSPAC exists to build strong relationships with candidates and lawmakers at the federal level and to provide financial support to their campaigns for office.
Today, the FSPAC is the largest political action committee focused solely on higher education issues. In this age of hyper-partisanship, FSPAC is a distinctive and refreshing presence in our nation’s capital. We are truly bipartisan and contribute to individuals regardless of political party who believe in the benefits and personal growth opportunities fraternities and sororities offer collegiate men and women.
In the 2017-2018 election cycle, FSPAC made contributions to 169 candidates, and 87% of them won and now serve in the 116th Congress.
REASONS TO GIVE
The fraternal community’s message to lawmakers and candidates for the 2019-2020 election cycle emphasizes the following:
- Demonstrating the value of the friendship, leadership, learning, and service experience that is unique to Greek organizations and their members– both undergraduates and alumni.
- Improving campus safety and anti-hazing legislation.
- Preserving fraternities and sororities right to operate as single-sex organizations.
- Protecting students’ right to freedom of association by ensuring they can belong to any campus organization at the time of their choosing and without reprisal.
- Ensuring due process rights for our student members and member organizations.
- Providing tax parity for donations to build and/or improve fraternity and sorority housing.
Legislation is expected to advance in Congress during this two-year cycle that will incorporate many, if not all, of these issues. Increasingly, universities across the country have placed restrictions and limitations on single-sex organizations and their members. Strong Federal legislation to counter this is highly effective and the most direct way to ensure the basic rights of our members.
If this has appeal to you, please consider contributing to the FSPAC today! Go to the Donate tab on this website to make a secure contribution. Your gift will make a difference!
Listen below to learn more about the Fraternity and Sorority Political Action Committee.